About the Journey:
The Huayhuash Circuit is an 8 day trek through the most breaktaking part of the Peruvian Andes. Along the journey you will climb the peaks of the largest mountains in the range, and pass by beautiful lakes, meadows, and traditional Quechua villages. The area is still considered to be unexplored so if you are looking for a more intimate and remote trek, then this journey is for you. The altitude is not to be taken lightly though, you will be above 4000m for the majority of the trek, so you will want to make sure you are properly acclimated before the trek. This trek is not to be missed at it was rated the second most beautiful trek in the world by National Geographic.
* Note: The altitude can be a problem for beginner hikers. It is recommended that you have experience with high altitude treks before going on this trek.
Day 1: Huaraz - Llamac - Cuartelhuain + Day 2: Cuartelhuain - Lake Carhuacocha + Day 3: Lake Carhuacocha - Huayhuash Village + Day 4: Huayhuash Village - Lake Viconga + Day 5: Lake Viconga - Rinconado + Day 6: Rinconado - Huatiac + Day 7: Huatiac - Laguna Jahuacocha + Day 8: Laguna Jahuacocha - Llamac - Huaraz +
- English speaking, professional mountain guide with many years guiding in Huayhuash; first-aid certified
- Brief session before the trek
- Private transportation to the start of the trek and back to Huaraz
- Entrance and camping fees
- First-aid kit, oxygen tank and horse 'ambulance'
- 4 person, 4 season tent for every two persons
- Inflatable pad & pillow
- Toilet tent
- Dinning tent with tables & chairs
- All meals
- Boiled water to fill your water container
- Cook, horsemen and horses (can carry up to 5kg of your personal stuff, apart from sleeping bag)
What's not included:
- Breakfast on the first morning
- Dinner on the last day
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking poles
- Travel insurance
- Tips (highly appreciated)